S475 TWIN TURBO FOR DODGE CUMMINS-FITS 2010-2012
S400 (S475) Twin (Compound) Turbo Kit
NOW A 360 DEGREE THRUST BEARING IS INCLUDED IN THE D-TECH TURBO
Our 360 Degree Thrust Bearing Adds 60% more thrust load capacity, making you small turbo virtually "indestructible"
DOES YOUR CUMMINS RUN SO HOT IT'S SCREAMING FOR MERCY?
WE HAVE YOUR SOLUTION!!!
Full Compound Turbo Includes Everything for Install.**
Our kits now come with two separate oil drain lines.
Diesel Power Source, Twin/Compound Turbo Kit, performs excellent when Racing, Towing, or Sled Pulling, but is very mild mannered. SPOOL UP IS IDENTICAL TO STOCK,while raising airflow significantly. Customers are amazed at the spool up, and driveability. **Again, SPOOL UP IS THE SAME AS THE STOCK TURBO.
EGT's are typically reduced by 300-500 degrees, over a single turbocharger. Making towing with our Twins a dream.
Boost pressure will typically exceed drive pressure. This can't typically be done with a single turbocharger (with single turbos, typically drive pressure is nearly double boost pressure).
Horsepower, and torque are increased throughout the entire RPM band, and significantly increased in mid and upper range.
Specifically tuned for 350 to 800 horsepower applications.
This Twin/Compound Turbo Kit was designed on cutting edge CAD/CAM Software, using CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) Testing. You will not find a more high tech kit on the market today. Everything fits like it was built from the factory to be there.
This kit is the most unique and innovative Twin Turbo Kit available today, with features like:
- Direct bolt-on application, no cutting or fabrication needed.
- Uses only the stock oil return (no need to pop out freeze plug for the second return line), all oil returns in the single, stock block return line.
- Bolts right to factory exhaust on 2003-2012 trucks.
- The absolute largest air filter on the market.
- Low pressure charge pipe is silicone with Nomex & Kevlar liner, you don't have to fight to a steel charge pipe, and silicone tubing uses less clamps, flows better, and is much more expensive than steel tubing.
- High pressure charge pipe is chrome plated metal, very attractive and strong.
- Small turbo has a 150% greater wastegate capacity
- An option of adding a built-in external wastegate.
- Cast hot pipe, has external wastegate port already built-in.
- Steel braided oil feed lines.
- Polished D-Tech (small) turbocharger.
- S475 Large Turbo charger.
- 3-Piece Exhaust Manifold included in kit.
- Support bracket for Lower (Large) Turbo.
- Adjustable boost pressure.
- Tons of other upgrade options. (Upgrade options include increasing the S475 turbo up to an S480 (80mm compressor), and the D-Tech turbo to a 64mm compressor wheel, and 71mm turbine wheel, Call for details.)
On 2nd Gen trucks, head studs are highly recommended for boost pressure over 48 psi, and fire rings recommended for boost pressure over 55 psi. This system is capable of well over 60 psi, but is adjustable with the wastegate.
Kit includes: 3-Piece Exhause Manifold (pre-tapped ports for pyro), 1-D-Tech 62 Turbo (small turbo, 62/12/65),1-S475 Turbo (large turbo 75mm compressor wheel/ 96m turbine wheel, 1.32 A/R Housing), Air Filter, Cast Iron Hot Pipe, Support Bracket for S400 Turbo, Complete Air Intake including Air Filter, Silicone Charge Pipe (on Low-pressure end), Chrome Plated Aluminum Charge Pipe (for high pressure side), 2-Steel Braided High Temp Oil Supply Lines, 2-Oil Drain Lines (flexible), Turbo & Manifold Gaskets, Oil Line Adapters, Mounting Bolts, Exhaust Adapter (from S475 to exhaust pipe), V-Band Clamps, High Torque T-Bolt Clamps, Low Torque Clamps, 4" Exhaust Downpipe, Installation Instructions.
**Note: The following test results are on our HT3B Twin Kit. The S475-S480 Twin Kits are even better than these results.
EGT TEST RESULTS: The following test results were to test different single turbochargers against our Twin Turbo Kit (this test was on our HT3B twin kit which has slightly less air flow than the S400 series kits). Each test consisted of a sustained 400hp dyno pull. The test truck was brought up to a 400hp on the dyno, and then loaded to hold a sustained loaded pull, equal to pulling a trailer up a grade using 400 hp. The EGT's were read pre-turbo. The results follow:
- Test 1 Stock Turbo: Max EGT's reached 1700 degrees, (Test Time: 13 seconds, operator ended test due to excessive EGT's).
- Test 2 Competitors Stainless Steel Housing Turbo: Max EGT's reached 1700 deg (Test Time: 17 seconds, operator ended test due to excessive EGT's).
- Test 3 Diesel Power Source Twin Turbos:Max EGT's reached 1290 (Test Time: 1 minute, EGT's did not ever exceed 1290 degrees).
Question: If you already have a competitors turbo (ie. BD, Silver Bullet, ATS) or an S400, can you use it on this kit. (Answer): Possibly. Give us a call and we can let you know.
Question: Why is the kit more than the 3rd Gen kits. (Answer) Because 2nd gen kits require the included downpipe.
Please send any other questions. --Thanks Diesel Power Source.
Note: For 6.7 L Cummins owners. This kit requires a DPF delete, and removal of the EGR, as well as a programmer with a turbo delete, such as Smarty, H&R Chip. We do not offer any emmissions delete components. For all 6.7 L Cummins this kit is for off-road use only.
*The standard kit is an D-Tech 62 over an S475. (Add $400 for and S480 (80mm) Upgrade, Add $100 for D-Tech 64, and $200 for a 71mm turbine wheel)
**On trucks with automatic transmissions, some trucks require relocation of the transmission oil cooler on the side of the engine block, but not all 2nd gen trucks require this.