S475 TWIN (COMPOUND) TURBOS FOR FUMMINS (FORD W/ CUMMINS)
Fits Ford Truck Years 1970 - 2000
A 360 DEGREE THRUST BEARING IS INCLUDED IN ALL DPS 62mm & 64mm TURBOS
360 Degree Thrust Bearing Adds 45% more thrust load capacity, making you small turbo virtually "indestructible"
DPS 62/65/12 over S400 Turbo (75mm)
Full Compound Turbo Kit Includes Everything for Install
This compound kit is the most user friendly kit to fit on your Ford pickup with the Cummins engine conversion. Made to clear your heater core. Other features include:
- High Flow 3-Piece Exhaust Manifold included in kit, with built in pre-tapped pyro ports.
- The largest air filter on the market.
- Low pressure charge pipe is silicone with Kevlar/Nomex liner (which is easier to fit than a steel tube). Silicone tubing uses fewer clamps and has better flow characteristics than steel.
- High pressure charge pipe is strong chrome plated aluminum.
- Small turbo has a 150% greater wastegate capacity
- Option of adding a built-in external wastegate.
- Cast hot pipe, has external wastegate port already built-in.
- Flexible Steel braided oil supply lines.
- Polished DPS (small) turbocharger.
- S475 Borg Warner (S400 with 75mm compressor wheel) as large turbocharger.
- Support bracket for Lower (large) turbocharger.
- Adjustable boost pressure.
- Tons of other upgrade options: (upgrade options include increasing the S475 turbo up to an S480 or, and the DPS turbo 62mm to a 64mm, and turbine wheel upgrades from 65mm to 71mm Call for details.)
- Intercooler hose to fit the Ford intercooler.
Our kits now come with two separate oil drain lines (except for 12V engines that only have one oil drain port).
Where else can you find a twin kit for your conversion. No where but here. Even includes the intercooler hose to fit the Ford intercooler.
Diesel Power Source, Twin/Compound Turbo Kit, performs excellent when Racing, Towing, or Sled Pulling, but is very driveable. SPOOL UP IS SIMILAR TO STOCK, while raising airflow significantly. You'll be amazed at the spool up, and driveability they get from such a high performance kit. **SPOOL UP IS VERY SIMILAR TO STOCK TURBO.
EGT's are typically reduced by 300-500 degrees, over a single turbocharger.
Boost pressure will typically exceed drive pressure, which can't typically be done with a single turbocharger (with a single turbo, drive pressure is typically about double boost pressure).
Horsepower, and torque are increased throughout the entire RPM band, and significantly increased in mid and upper range.
Specifically tuned for 300 - 700 horsepower applications.
This Twin/Compound Turbo Kit was designed on cutting edge CAD/CAM Software, using CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) Testing. You will not find a more high tech kit on the market today. Everything fits like it was built from the factory.
Kit includes: Air Filter, Cast Iron Elbow (carries exhaust from the secondary to the primary turbo), Support Bracket for S400 Turbo, 3-Piece Exhaust Manifold (pre-tapped ports for pyro), Complete Air Intake including Air Filter, Silicone Charge Pipe (on Low-pressure end), Chrome Plated Aluminum Charge Pipe, 1-DPS 62 Turbo (small turbo, 62/65/12),1-S475 Turbo (large turbo 75mm compressor wheel/ 96m turbine wheel, 1.32 A/R Housing), 2-Steel Braided High Temp Oil Supply Lines, 2-Oil Drain Lines & Fittings, Turbo & Manifold Gaskets, Oil Line Adapters, Mounting Bolts, Exhaust Adapter (from S480 to exhaust pipe), V-Band Clamps, High Torque T-Bolt Clamps, Low Torque Clamps, Installation Instructions.
DPS Turbos are based on the S300 platform.
Note: The following test results are on our HT3B Twin Kit (the S475-S483 Twin Kits yield even better results).
EGT TEST RESULTS: The following test results were to test different single turbochargers against our Twin Turbo Kit (this test was on our HT3B twin kit which has less air flow than the S400 series kits). Each test consisted of a sustained 400hp dyno pull. The test truck was brought up to a 400hp on the dyno, and then loaded to hold a sustained loaded pull, equal to pulling a trailer up a grade using 400 hp. The EGT's were read pre-turbo. The results follow:
- Test 1 Stock Turbo: Max EGT's reached 1700 degrees, (Test Time: 13 seconds, operator ended test due to excessive EGT's).
- Test 2 Competitors Stainless Steel Housing Turbo: Max EGT's reached 1700 deg (Test Time: 17 seconds, operator ended test due to excessive EGT's).
- Test 3 Diesel Power Source Twin Turbos: Max EGT's reached 1290 (Test Time: 1 minute, EGT's did not ever exceed 1290 degrees).